Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hamburger Helper Helped Me





I try to make as many "real" meals as I can during the week but to save money and time I usually squeeze in a quick meal or two...three and a glass of wine on a bad week. To be honest I can't say that Hamburger Helper has ever been a meal that I look forward to but most of the flavors are pretty good.
This time I went with one I hadn't tried....the Italian Four Cheese Lasagna. I won't go into great depths with this one since it's so easy to follow the directions on the box. As you can see in the pictures I did use 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground turkey. It can of course be made with one or the other but the combo came out pretty good (and nobody in the family even noticed there was turkey in it). Ground turkey is healthier and although I'll never give up some of my favorites (such as chili cheese fries) I am trying to be a little more conscientious about my dining choices.
I also like to mix in a little sour cream and shredded cheese if I have it (I know, not healthy....but hey, it's dairy). Top with parmesan and it appears close to home-made :)



No comments:

Post a Comment