Friday, November 20, 2009

Cracker Barrel





Just looking at this picture makes my mouth water. I hadn't been to Cracker Barrel in so long that I almost forgot how good their food was. I was quickly reminded when my plate arrived!

Before we get to the food though let me just say that the service was terrific. A nice gentleman held the door open as he greeted us and our server was a very sweet lady with great Southern hospitality. They also have the coolest little store before you get to the dining area. This time of year most of it was filled with Christmas decorations and such but they also have great deals on unique toys and gifts. I'd actually go there to shop without eating in the restaurant...although the food would be hard to resist.

You can order breakfast any time of the day, which I LOVE, but I was in the seafood mood. I ordered the "Farm-raised Catfish Platter." It can be ordered grilled and a little spicy or breaded. I went with the grilled and was served two big fillets with great texture. You also get to choose 3 sides from about 15 options. I went with mashed potatoes and gravy, mac-n-cheese, and country green beans. The potatoes were thick and slightly lumpy (just the way I like them, definitely home-made) with a perfectly seasoned gravy. The mac-n-cheese was creamy and very cheesy and the green beans tasted like they had been cooked with ham. So yummy!! It also came with one corn muffin and a really fluffy biscuit.

The meal ran $9.19 and I ordered water with it to keep the cost down. I typically go for less expensive restaurants, but for the quality and service the price was well worth it. I will definitely be returning!

You can check out their menu here:

http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu.cfm?doc_id=170

No comments:

Post a Comment